Twenty Ten Options theme is a Child theme of the WordPress default theme Twenty Ten with several features that are commonly requested already included so you don’t have to add them yourself. I’ve tried to comment each section of the CSS and templates as much as I could so it’s easy to remove features you don’t want.
You can use this theme as is, or use it the same as any Twenty Ten child theme, or even use it as a base to create your own theme. It’s the theme this site currently uses (nivo slider disabled) and I’m using the 3 column layout.
- Post thumbnail support for index and category pages
- Option to mark a post as favorite using custom fields (adds a star image next to the post title)
- Nivo slider for featured image with post caption display
- Theme options with slider control, header control, search form on/off and area to add Google Analytics
- Extra WYSIWYG editor features
- Commented all functions in functions.php to make it easier to edit
- WP-PageNavi code included, it will display the plugin, if the plugin isn’t active, it will display the default.
- Thumbnail size separate from the defaults for the multi-column post layout
- 5 post layout styles – excerpts with post thumbnails, 2 column style page, wide photoblog single column style, 3 column no sidebar style, and default post style.
- 5 sidebar layouts – default, left sidebar, 2 sidebars left, 2 sidebars right, left and right sidebars
- Widget area for main page above content with 3 widget areas
- Option for search bar in the navigation menu
- Functions to change header/slider height and width
- 9 custom headers
- Favorite icon included, just drop yours inside the theme folder
- Custom read more text (edit functions.php)
- Custom excerpt length (edit functions.php)
- Compatible with IE7/8, Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- GPL Licensed
http://blogorama.eisbrecher.net Header images with permission.